Sunday, November 3, 2013

Custom Graphic


For my custom graphic project, I decided to do another beach scene. First, I started out making the sand. I changed the background and foreground colors to ones that resembled sand, and then applied the clouds filter. After that, I added noise to the layer. I then began working on a new layer, again using the clouds filter to give it the effect that I wanted. Finally, I applied a radial blur, as well as the Bas Relief effect to give it the final touches. This created a perfect depiction of sand. Next, I found a picture of waves on the Internet. I opened up a new file and used the magnetic lasso tool to trace the water and move it onto the original file with the sand background. I altered the colors and opacity in order to make it look as if the sand was showing through the waves. I did the same with the two starfish in the bottom right hand corner. Finally, I used the mixer brush tool to make the grass. I chose the "Dune Grass" option, and altered how much they scattered and the size that I wanted them to be. I used the "Flip X" option to make the blades of grass go in different directions. The last thing that I did to complete the graphic was use the preset dune grass brush tool to go over my original strokes; This made some appear closer and smaller, while others appeared larger and farther away. These are the two pictures I used to make the waves and the starfish: 


I learned how to create the realistic sand effect through this tutorial:
http://www.icanbecreative.com/how-to-create-realistic-sand-effect-in-photoshop.html


No comments:

Post a Comment